Before installation it is important to make sure that you have a compatible web hosting account.
Method 1: Use our Professional Installation Service
Why not get one of our developers to install it for you? This service is included in our "Managed Technical Support" plan. Find out more at https://www.cubecart.com/technical-support
Method 2: One click installation from your web hosting control panel
If your web hosting control panel has the "Installatron", "SimpleScripts" or "Softaculous" auto script installer system it is possible to select CubeCart v5 and have it setup instantly.
Method 3: Uploading the files and running the setup wizard
- Upload the entire contents of the extracted package to the desired location within the public HTML folder of your hosting account.
- From your browser type in the website address to the setup folder. This will start the setup process.
- Ensure that the correct file permissions are set on the files. These should be:
Writable (CHMOD 0777 on Linux):
- If all files have been uploaded successfully, and the hosting account is compatible, a screen should be presented with the options to install or upgrade. Please select "Install CubeCart" and follow the on screen prompts. Instructions as to how to create a MySQL database should be available from your web hosting provider. We do not provide instructions for this part as it varies from host to host.
- Once complete please delete the /setup folder to keep your store secure.
Need more help?
Please contact technical support via the "Get Support" link in your customer area.