Keeping your store up to date is absolutely vital. New releases of CubeCart not only bring improved stability and new features but can patch critical security holes, improve its performance and future proof your store to keep it operating on latest version of PHP, MySQL etc..
Not technical? Why not get our staff to do it for you!
We offer a managed technical support service. One of our experienced developers will take a backup of your store, pick out any custom code then build a custom package to upgrade. This will mean that customisations are not lost and downtime will be negligible. We have upgraded thousands of stores and have an in depth understanding of CubeCart and web hosting environments.
Find out more at https://www.cubecart.com/technical-support
Method 1: Manually Uploading Files
- Take a FULL backup of your existing files and database and check that it is complete. This is critical in case the upgrade process fails or there is an error so that it can be put back how it was. Most hosting providers have an on demand backup tool.
- Download the latest CubeCart v6 archive and extract it.
- In the extracted folder be sure to rename the admin.php and admin folders to match those used by your store. These should match the values specified in the includes/global.inc.php file.
$glob['adminFile'] = 'admin_abc123.php';This is vital to ensure your store ends up with code complimenting database schema.
$glob['adminFolder'] = 'admin_xyz987';
- Upload the folder contents over your existing files. Please be aware that this will overwrite any core code customisations you may have made!
- Once that has completed in full please browse to the setup/ folder of your store.
Note: FTP can time out or error so please check the FTP client for any feedback.
- If all files have uploaded successfully the setup page should load. Please select "Upgrade CubeCart" and follow the on screen instructions.
- Once complete please delete the setup/ folder to keep your store secure.
Method 2: Automatically
- Please take a backup of your store files and database. There is a tool that can do this in the Backup tab of the Maintenance section of your store admin control panel. Please be aware that it can only operate under the resource limits of the PHP environment. It may time out or fail on large stores. If possible we recommend taking a full backup in your web hosting control panel if available or via FTP/MySQL dump.
- From the Upgrade tab of the Maintenance section of your store your store admin control panel there is an upgrade tool. So long as your web server has write permissions to all necessary files this should work. In the case of failure please restore a backup or proceed with Method 1 above instead. Please be aware that this is a "dumb" file extraction and will overwrite any core code customisations.
- After the setup process starts proceed though all steps and be sure the setup folder is deleted. In most cases that will be done automatically.
Need more help?