Before installation it is important to make sure that you have a compatible web hosting account.
Method 1: Use our Professional Installation Service
Why not get one of our developers to install it for you? This service is included in our "Managed Technical Support" plan. Find out more at https://www.cubecart.com/technical-support
Method 2: One click installation from your web hosting control panel
Method 3: Uploading the files and running the setup wizard
- Upload the entire contents of the extracted package to the desired location within the public HTML folder of your hosting account.
- From your browser type in the website address to the setup folder. This will start the setup process.
- Ensure that the following folders are writable by the web server. It's important to keep the folder permissions as tight as possible for security reasons. We recommend starting with an octal CHMOD value of "0755". If they are still not writable work up towards "0777" until they are.
- If all files have been uploaded successfully, and the hosting account is compatible, a screen should be presented with the options to install or upgrade. Please select "Install CubeCart" and follow the on screen prompts. Instructions as to how to create a MySQL database should be available from your web hosting provider. We do not provide instructions for this part as it varies from host to host.
- Once complete please delete the /setup folder to keep your store secure.